Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Clearwater
You probably don’t think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you count on it draining correctly so your Clearwater basement doesn’t sustain water damage.
Sump pumps can stop draining for a few numerous reasons.
We’ve witnessed it all. If your pump isn’t running properly, get in touch with the Experts at Midway Services to investigate the problem.
We’ll inspect your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance suggestions, so it won’t quit when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can stop operating for a couple of different reasons:
- Power interruption
- Irregular maintenance
- Wrong unit size
- Incorrect installation
- Switch trouble
- Frosted over or clogged discharge lines
- Age (average pump lasts 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few easy things you can do to verify your sump pump is set up for efficiency.
- Make sure the cord is in decent shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in anticipation of power surges.
- Confirm the pump is vertical and not tipping to one side, since this can cause the pump to not activate when needed.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, drop a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and pulls out the water rapidly.
- During dry conditions, take out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can get small stones in the grate over time.
- Make sure the discharge pipe’s vent hole isn’t plugged.
Trust Midway Services for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a kind of insurance to protect your home from water damage, look to the professionals at Midway Services to confirm yours is effective.
We’ve got the skill—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 727-219-2471 or request an appointment online.