According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are a result of sewer backups. The typical cost of sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Midway Services can help by guaranteeing you have a backflow assembly in place to avoid sewer backups. Many homeowners in Clearwater don’t realize they are accountable for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Midway Services, our plumbers and technicians have the skills, training and expertise to take care of everything and anything regarding sewer service and sewer inspection.
Typical Causes of Sewer Backup
- Back-ups in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is the cause of your sewer to fail or become congested, don’t hesitate to call us at 727-219-2471
the second you identify a problem to evade as much, maybe costly, harm to your house and plumbing structure as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be certain you are throwing away garbage properly.
- Pouring grease down your drain will create a obstruction in the line and turn into a clog.
- Disposing of any paper objects except toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) in the toilet can create a backup.
- Have Midway Services install and oversee a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Midway Services to check for illegal plumbing connections and correct them if identified. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will usually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from hindering your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Midway Services today at 727-219-2471
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs.