Expert Oil Furnace Repair in Clearwater
Furnace refusing to start? Reset button continually tripping? If your fuel oil furnace is leaving you annoyed and cold in Clearwater, the Experts at Midway Services can help.
Sometimes, you can repair problems with your oil-burning furnace alone. There are a few things you can try before calling us for heating repair.
Common Oil Heating System Problems
- Furnace won’t start. The thermostat setting may be incorrect. Ensure that it’s on “auto” and “heat.”
- Reset button keeps tripping. This safety feature stops your furnace when it spots an issue. Make sure there’s fuel in the oil tank, the valves are open and the chimney is free of blockages. Once you’ve checked those locations, only press the reset button once. Pressing it too many times could cause fuel oil to build up and cause a fire once the furnace begins working.
- Inadequate heat. The oil or air filters could be congested and need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Excess noise. If you hear clattering, tighten access panels. Squealing means there’s an issue with the belt or blower motor. If these components have oiling ports, put a little bit of electric motor oil on them after disconnecting your furnace.
Other times, you’ll need one of our Expert service technicians. Call Midway Services for oil furnace repair service when:
- Pressing the reset button doesn’t start the furnace, even when there’s fuel in the tank and valves are open
- You hear knocking sounds, which likely means there’s air in the fuel lines
- Oil lines are leaking
- Soot can be observed in the burner chamber
- Burner works but does not fire
- Alternative troubleshooting suggestions don’t fix the problem
100% Satisfaction Guarantee* Backs Our Repairs
Midway Services can take care of the problem when your oil furnace won’t ignite.
Our technicians have gone through thorough testing to earn the top HVAC standard, NATE certification. They are able to take care of most any heating repair. And all our services are backed by a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.*
Periodic maintenance can help you avoid furnace service calls. Once we get your furnace operating, Midway Services technicians can go over a membership plan that could decrease expensive repairs and make your furnace work more efficiently. A more efficient furnace could help you save money on utility expenses.