What is carbon monoxide?
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a clear, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s made by insufficient fuel combustion often caused by a lack of oxygen. In your residence, appliances that rely on natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are susceptible. Especially if they are not operating accurately or have been installed wrong.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from attached garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces could also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is dangerous to the body and is lethal at heightened levels or with prolonged exposure.