Stopping it from happening is the most critical place to start. Completing appropriate safety precautions will reduce your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Clearwater.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Idle your car out of your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours going in the restricted space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heaters. These things are safe when operated correctly but can make carbon monoxide when used for a long period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, as it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a professional. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected properly.
- Check gas appliances are running properly, particularly your heater. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe comfort by booking routine furnace maintenance with Midway Services.