Stopping it from happening is the most critical place to begin. Completing appropriate safety precautions will lower your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Clearwater.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Idle your car out of your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours on in the small space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heaters. These things are safe when operated right but can make carbon monoxide when used for a long period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, as it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a professional. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected properly.
- Check gas appliances are working properly, particularly your heater. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe comfort by requesting annual furnace maintenance with Midway Services.