Your heating and cooling system is essential to a sense of comfort and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work hard in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. A lot of homeowners take these functions for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioning has ever malfunctioned on a blistering summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with last minute repairs, higher energy bills or inconsistent home comfort. What if you could guarantee a constant source of clean, conditioned air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like receiving an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system in good shape. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should think about enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This plan is an arrangement between you and a trusted HVAC contractor. Membership takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other advantages. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to request tune-ups with Midway Services, but we highly encourage registering. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so it’s easy to forget about setting up furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent friendly reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so beneficial, take a look at these benefits:
- Expose minor problems right away: Issues with your home comfort system often progress little by little. When a technician examines the internal components annually, it’s possible to locate and resolve little problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By securing that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance call, the chance of an unexpected breakdown diminishes.
- Lower repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected amount that eliminates the need for many major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that yearly maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills in the process.
- Encourage home comfort: When your home comfort system performs the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for even temperatures and more comfortable humidity throughout the house.
- Prolong the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer versus a neglected one, saving you on untimely replacement costs.
- Guarantee safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during every visit offers peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is working like it's supposed to.
- Adhere to your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance to such a degree that they demand yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty valid. Investing a little in upkeep now safeguards you from pricey repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can usually anticipate same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning on replacing your HVAC system? An HVAC maintenance plan grants access to the most rapid installs possible, even during the busiest weeks.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance lowers the need for repair service, but if your system needs some attention, having an HVAC maintenance contract provides a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, such as pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are in some cases necessary, but they can get costly fast. Fortunately, with an HVAC agreement, you’ll never pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour appointments.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the work leaves you unhappy, the technician will return to correct things.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Midway Services offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Take a look at what each plan offers and get in touch with our staff to help you figure out the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before signing up. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Midway Services office today.