When you use the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if your water looks clear, it might still contain toxic chemicals that are hazardous to your family’s health and safety. Plenty of people do not like the taste of tainted tap water and grasp the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes have either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have healthy drinking water on hand.
If you want to safeguard your family’s well-being, you may first consider going the bottled water approach. Sadly, this gets costly almost immediately. In addition, plastic water bottles that aren't recycled end up contaminating the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and cleaner for the environment than using so much bottled water. It can also provide healthier water more conveniently because you can get it right from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, enabling you to capitalize on the benefits anywhere you use water in your home.
Before setting up a whole-house water filter, learn about what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate unhealthy contaminants. Then, get in touch with Midway Services to help you pick out and install the best water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality may differ by location, but some of the most likely contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your water supply by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that lawful water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter traps dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your tap water, furnishing you and your family with safe, healthy water to drink. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and increases in the water main after heavy rains. While largely harmless, sediment can make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax provides sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in dense cities. However, this disinfectant creates dangerous chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. Certain DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are shown to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the objective of adding putting in any water filtration system. Besides being safer for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more cloudy water swirling around your cup. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Harmful chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and stick to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that healthy water doesn’t have to include higher utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s configuration, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the strongest warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Midway Services, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, like the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to decrease water hardness, clear out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, simple and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Midway Services office for help choosing a water filtration system that fits your needs and budget.