Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Clearwater, you might be wondering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are several points to think about, as well as the perks of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer before making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can likely wait.
- What kind of air conditioner are you getting? Many homeowners are getting rid of their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This saves energy and enhances comfort by working at multiple speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to get the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the right air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the right amount of air to keep your home comfortable. A new air conditioner may need a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Midway Services, can determine that static pressure of your system and give the proper advice.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you replace both units together.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are correctly sized, there aren’t often any major immediate outcomes. A mismatched setup is often not permanent until the other system stops working. You can avoid the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything works at the greatest efficiency, making your home more comfortable and decreasing your annual utility bills.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you buy a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may stop working for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have covered a modern furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can save on labor by having both installed at once. And you may even qualify for a special deal since you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, turn to Midway Services. We realize the price of replacing your entire system can stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special discounts or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are covered!*
Rest assured that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 727-219-2471 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.