Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Clearwater, you might be wondering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are several points to think about, as well as the perks of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer before making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can likely wait.
- What kind of air conditioner are you getting? Many homeowners are getting rid of their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This saves energy and increases comfort by operating at multiple speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to realize the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the right amount of air to keep your home comfortable. A new air conditioner may need a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Midway Services, can figure out that static pressure of your system and give the proper advice.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you replace both units simultaneously.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are correctly sized, there aren’t typically any major imminent outcomes. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system goes out. You can circumvent the temporary repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything runs at the greatest efficiency, making your home more comfortable and reducing your annual heating and cooling bills.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you buy a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may stop working for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have covered a new furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can save on labor by having both installed at once. And you could even be eligible for a discount as you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, turn to Midway Services. We realize the price of replacing your entire system might stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special coupons or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one small monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
Rest assured that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job done right the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 727-219-2471 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.