Summer is typically a busy time of year for many people in Clearwater. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any variety of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Clearwater heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Clearwater heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you do not have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Midway Services a call at 727-219-2471 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is operating at its best in the Clearwater heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a quick break and escape to an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a breather as it could also be an early indicator of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take special considerations when planning outdoor activities. Any kind of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Clearwater temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than typical. It can help you cool down a tad faster so you can get back to reveling in your home’s air conditioning.