How Do You Test for Carbon Monoxide?

There are many fumes that could be inside your Clearwater residence. Natural gas and fumes that originate from home fixtures, flooring and paints. None of these gases are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.

Reach Midway Services at 727-219-2471 right away to get started defending your home against this dangerous gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Toxic?

Carbon monoxide could be a life and death situation, so it’s not a situation to mess around with.

1. You Can’t Smell It

Carbon monoxide is hazardous because you can’t see it, smell it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It doesn’t cause irritation in low amounts and can’t be filtrated.

2. It Can Be Deadly in Just a Few Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of used fuel. It can leak into your residence during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. While it depends on how considerable the leak is and the ventilation in a home, it could become fatal in within minutes.

Once inhaled, the gas has a half-life of about five hours. If you are taking in pure air, it requires five hours to get it out of your system. It requires another five hours to cut that concentration by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Can Act Like Other Illnesses

It may also mirror symptoms that can be mistaken as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.

How to Protect Your Family from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no reason to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are three ways you can do to keep your residence safe:

  1. Your home with at least one natural gas furnace, attached garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide detector. You need to have a sensor on all levels of your house, including the basement and garage. You also need to install one inside or outside of each bedroom. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide system in your house?
    Call Midway Services at 727-219-2471 to get one. Ask our Experts about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
  2. If you currently own a carbon monoxide system, frequently check or swap out the batteries. You should check batteries every 90 days, and replace the alarm every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide alarm goes off, get out of your residence immediately and call 911.

Keep Your Family Safe with Assistance from Midway Services

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the recommended actions your home can be guarded from the toxic gas. Take the precautions and call Midway Services at 727-219-2471 to learn more.