We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to review problems related to heating that Clearwater homeowners often call Midway Services about. Although there are quite possibly hundreds of causes why your Clearwater home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Here are the top five complications that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat malfunctions resulting in no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Air circulation problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace overheating or poor heating control
3. Old and clogged filters that cause airflow and comfort problems
4. Furnace or heating system pilot or ignition control problems, resulting in spotty or no heat
5. Lack of regular service may cause unexpected breakdowns, poor comfort or higher energy costs (plus a lot of homeowner frustration!)
All of these common issues can be fixed by a professionally qualified, ACE-certified technician. Technicians from Midway Services can quickly diagnose the problem area and make the required repairs. Purchasing a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could prevent nearly all heating problems that result in no heat or low comfort levels. With a proper tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they operate correctly and at maximum efficiency during the heating season. Important items like Carbon Monoxide checks, adequate combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also primary elements to the tune-up process. Most importantly – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age can pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, this is particularly the case if a ACE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment on a scheduled basis.
Contact Midway Services of Clearwater at 727-219-2471 to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.