There are a lot of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Clearwater. But, there’s also that huge list of must-do’s before the cold weather comes. Although the outdoor yard work and home touchups are likely at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor thing you should consider taking care of early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment set up.
The experts at Midway Services recommend that furnace service and maintenance be completed at least annually so you can hopefully prevent a breakdown in the middle of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a great deal of benefits to getting it performed before the cold and crisp weather reaches Clearwater, too. Take a peek at some of the top bonuses of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make certain that your furnace runs at its peak efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating costs.
- Ensures your furnace is in its best shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready for whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Clearwater this season.
- Decreases the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to take place on a cold winter day is have your furnace go out, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to identify potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to create heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are crucial to keeping your home safe through the cooler months.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to fulfill your warranty, so getting regular maintenance done can save you money if larger problems occur later.
Taking proper care of your furnace has plenty of additional benefits, and getting furnace service performed annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the colder months and save you time later because you’re less likely to need extra service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Midway Services are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Clearwater, give us a call at 727-219-2471 or schedule an appointment with Midway Services through our online scheduler.