Planning regular AC maintenance is useful.
Maintenance keeps your AC unit in Clearwater working at peak performance while keeping energy usage down. It also might even help extend its life span.
While there are several jobs you can complete alone, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Midway Services, for AC inspections and upkeep.
Here are a couple steps you can do by yourself as you get ready for cooling season.
Get Your AC Service Scheduled
Spring is a time of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a hefty amount of house, garage and yard cleaning. With the toastier weather right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to include AC upkeep on that list.
Spring is a great time of year to get your air conditioning unit cleaned and checked out. Waiting to turn it on until the first warm day of the year can be dicey. If you need service or a new unit, you may be waiting days for an appointment. And that might turn awfully unpleasant.
And for allergy sufferers, being one step ahead with a freshened AC system will help assure the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, cooling upkeep could be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Finish Maintenance on My Own?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your air conditioner unit in the best state:
- Change your air filter. Dirty filters block airflow and can reduce your system’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the kind you install, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is especially important if you suffer from allergies or have pets in your residence.
- Lawn upkeep near the exterior condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes close to your cooling system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also get rid of any leaves or branches that have fallen into your equipment, because this may impede airflow.
Let the Professionals Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you get in touch with Midway Services at 727-219-2471, the first thing we might do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already completed. Then our Experts get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll inspect your system and make sure it’s running correctly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to ensure reliable operation.
- Greasing to keep moving pieces working effortlessly and potentially avoid malfunctions.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to clear leak-inducing mold and clogs.
- Aligning coil fins to stop limited airflow.
- Freshening the exterior coil to eliminate any blockage from dust and vegetation.
- Inspecting controls to double check your system is starting, cooling and shutting off like it should.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to make sure your system has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we uncover troubles that involve further work, we are set to provide you the most cost-effective option. Pinpointing likely issues early can solve more expensive issues down the road. This also offers you time to plan if your equipment is getting older.
When you need a modern cooling system, our Experts will partner with you to pick the right solution for your budget. We also offer financing to help make your new unit work for your budget. Regardless of what your AC needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts have you covered.
Ready to book your service? Call us at 727-219-2471 or schedule an appointment online today.