Booking yearly AC maintenance is useful.
Maintenance keeps your AC equipment in Clearwater working at peak performance while keeping energy usage small. It also might even help extend its life span.
While there are a couple jobs you can complete alone, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Midway Services, for AC inspections and upkeep.
Here are a couple steps you can complete alone as you get ready for cooling season.
Get Your AC Service Scheduled
Spring is a time of revival, and to many that involves a hefty portion of indoors, garage and yard cleaning. With the toastier weather right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to put AC maintenance on that list.
Spring is the best season to get your air conditioning unit cleaned and checked out. Waiting to turn it on until the first warm day of the year can be dicey. If you need a fix or a new unit, you may be waiting days for an appointment. And that might turn extremely unpleasant.
And for allergy sufferers, being one step ahead with a fresh AC system will help provide the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Plus, cooling service might be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Complete Service on My Own?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your AC unit in the best state:
- Change your air filter advises each month or two. This is especially important if you suffer from allergies or have a dog in your house.
- Lawn maintenance by the outdoor condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes close to your cooling system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also clear any leaves or branches that have fallen into your system, because this may limit airflow.
Let the Pros Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you ring Midway Services at 727-219-2471, the first thing we might do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already finished. Then our Experts get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll inspect your system and make sure it’s running like it should with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to ensure secure operation.
- Greasing to keep moving pieces working like they should and potentially avoid malfunctions.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to clear leak-creating mold and clogs.
- Fixing coil fins to stay clear of reduced airflow.
- Cleansing the outside coil to get rid of any accumulation from dirt and vegetation.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your system is starting, cooling and shutting off correctly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to make sure your system has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we find troubles that need further service, we are ready to provide you the most cost-effective option. Pinpointing likely troubles early can solve more expensive troubles later. This also provides you time to plan if your equipment is aging.
When you need a modern cooling system to help make your new equipment work for your budget. No matter what your AC needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts have you covered.
Ready to book your service? Contact us at 727-219-2471 or schedule an appointment online today.