Spring is wonderful for many reasons: flowers are blooming, you can open up windows for outdoor air and your power bill is often at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning to your heater or cooling.
But as temperatures begin to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are a few suggestions for saving energy in Clearwater and keeping bills lower.
1. Call for Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system an annual tune-up can help it operate more efficiently and cut down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep energy expenses less expensive.
If your cooling equipment has seen better days, spring is a smart time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in newer cooling systems is a definite plus in keeping your electricity charges down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on HVAC expenses. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Understanding how to expertly schedule your thermostat is the best way to lower energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think about it this way, the lower the difference between outside temperatures and inside temperatures, the less expensive your home comfort expense will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or switch it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your Home
You can turn to several other approaches to help keep your home comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise in the summer, which forces cool air upward. This moves cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence cooler by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny spaces.
4. Look Into Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and abruptly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your habits and move the temp when you’re out and about to help you save on your bills. You can also adjust the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These expert ideas will all help keep summer energy charges low. If you decide it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 727-219-2471 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the correct solution for your home. And like always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.