Spring is great for more than a few reasons: flowers are blooming, you can open up windows for fresh air and your power bill is normally at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning on your heater or cooling.
But as temperatures begin to increase, so do your energy costs. Here are a few suggestions for saving energy in Clearwater and keeping bills lower.
1. Call for Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a yearly maintenance visit can help it operate more efficiently and cut down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep utility charges less expensive.
If your HVAC equipment has had better days, spring is a smart time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in modern cooling systems is a definite benefit for keeping your energy charges down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on HVAC costs. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Understanding how to expertly schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to lower energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think about it this way, the lower the difference between outside temperatures and indoor temperatures, the less expensive your home comfort cost will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or switch it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty house.
3. Take Advantage of Other Methods to Cool Your House
You can turn to several other methods to help keep your home comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise in the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This moves cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence cooler by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny spaces.
4. Look Into Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and abruptly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your habits and move the temp when you’re out and about to help you save money. You can also adjust the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These pro ideas will all help keep summer energy charges less expensive. If you decide it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 727-219-2471 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the correct solution for your house. And like always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.